Grievance Policy

Mountain State College believes in resolving any problems impairing a student's ability to complete a program. Students may present grievances for resolution as set forth below.

Step 1: Within 24 hours of the student's knowledge of any perceived incident or action detrimental to the student, the student may file a grievance in writing with the Director of Student Services. The Director of Student Services will attempt to resolve the grievance through an informal conference of all parties involved. The College President receives a copy of the grievance and outcome.

Step 2: If the grievance is still unresolved, the President will conduct a second conference among all parties involved within five business days if the President considers a conference appropriate.

Step 3: If the grievance is still unresolved to the students’ satisfaction, the student may contact the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges for review.

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302 Arlington, Virginia 22201
(p.) 703.247.4212

Students may also contact the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education (304-558-0265) or the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission (304-558-2101).

Previous page: Consumer Information
Next page: Student Portal